It's hard to believe that 6 years ago, my desire to do better for myself and my daughters, and my wish to help other mothers raising daughters, led to the launch of this podcast. I never expected to stick with it for so long or to have the massive impact and global reach that I've achieved. In fact, I try not to look at the statistics because knowing that thousands of people worldwide are listening as I share my ups and downs and vulnerable moments in parenting is terrifying. At the same time, I am honored and humbled that so many continue to listen each week and show love not only for me but also for my girls.
In this week's podcast episode, I share a bit about finding the "shimmers" during the darker moments of parenting. It's difficult not to get sucked into the daily struggles and focus on trying to change things, causing us to miss the simple and beautiful moments in front of us. I call these moments the "shimmers" of light in darkness. I share a technique I use to track shimmers, showing that little by little, we are growing, changing, and shifting for the better. Take a listen and see how you can implement this in your toolbox today!
I also share some of the most impactful lessons from the last 6 years that have and continue to shape my journey as a mother raising powerful girls. This is a great opportunity to look at a few areas in your life where you can easily make changes that have the potential to create massive shifts in your experience.
Remember, baby steps. We can't climb mountains without taking one small step forward, and little by little, step by step, we can conquer that mountain, no matter how high it is.
I'm so grateful to have you on this journey. Each day, as part of my morning gratitude, I'm thankful for all of you, for your spirits, your hearts, and your energy as you join me in this experience.
For the remainder of the month, I'm sharing a few specials in my deepest gratitude and to continue to help mothers everywhere.
Sending so much love and light.
- Create an awareness of seeing the shimmers of light throughout the day, weeks, or months with your daughter
- Document the shimmers of light to create an awareness of the positive moments
- Track the shimmers of light for your child and your relationship
- Take time for yourself and honor yourself with self-care
- Evaluate your physical and emotional well-being
- Learn to separate your story and struggles from your daughter's story and struggles
- Pause, take a deep breath, and have a good poker face before responding to anything to avoid impulsive reactions