Pelvic Dysfunction is a silent epidemic that hijacks the happiness of over 30 million women in the U.S. alone. That means 1-in- 3 women listening to this are experiencing this devastating pain and dysfunction. The really shocking news, this is even affecting our young girls and they don’t even realize it!
As for the medical establishment?
It tells women to have a glass of wine , see a psychologist, or worse have invasive (and completely unnecessary) surgery. For girls, well, girls don’t even know the issues they are having are normal, in fact for many girls they don’t even know they are having issues until it really starts affecting their extracurricular activities like running, soccer and most especially dancers and gymnast.
Some of the treatments that don’t work are:
* Pelvic organ prolapse mesh surgeries, which do more harm than good and often require a re-fix
* Bladder slings that don’t resolve the urine leaking, but can lead to self-catheterizing or worse erode into the vagina.
* Hysterectomies that could have been avoided – most are conducted for benign reasons.
* Botox injections in the vaginal walls that are not necessary.
* Prescriptions with severe side-effects that don’t even alleviate the pain or leaking.
But there is hope! Today, meet Isa Herrera. Isa is a licensed physical therapist as well as an expert in integrative pelvic floor therapies in the field of women’s health. She developed her expertise in diagnosing and treating pelvic pain by helping over ten thousand women in her NYC based healing center Renew Physical therapy since 2005. She spent years as an adjunct professor at Hunter College in NY teaching pelvic floor techniques to 3rd year doctoral level physical therapy students. She is the author of 5 books, 4 being on the topic of pelvic health and she has lectured nationally on the topic of Women’s Health. Isa has personally helped close to 15, 000 women suffering from Pelvic Dysfunction. Today’s conversation is an eye opener and a look into how society has taught us to believe what is an is not normal in terms of pelvic health and how even young girls are being affected today. If you are a woman or a parent to a girl this is a MUST LISTEN to conversation!
Get Registered for Isa's FREE Master Class Below!
Latest posts by Staff at Raising A Powerful Girl (see all)
- The Rise of the Snowplow Parent and decrease in Personal Leadership of Children - August 14, 2019
- Mean Girls and Relational Aggression - July 24, 2019
- Empowering Girls with Holistic Menstrual Health Education - July 17, 2019